Sunday, March 01, 2015 Serving Our Community Since 1850
Supervisor Carol A. Teschky  
Maine Township is proud to serve residents of Des Plaines, Park Ridge, Niles, Glenview, Morton Grove, and Rosemont. We aim to improve the quality of life for everyone in the township by offering services and events with the needs of our residents in mind.

Township Highlights previouspausenext
General Assistance General Assistance
The General Assistance department serves the needs of our financially distressed residents by providing temporary financial assistance and advocacy services designed to help residents get back on their feet as quickly as possible.

Food Pantry Food Pantry
With the help of generous donations from individuals, businesses, and local organizations such as churches and schools, the food pantry provides food on an emergency basis to residents and their families who are dealing with crisis situations.
MaineStreamers MaineStreamers
MaineStreamers is a social group for residents 55 years of age and older and its members enjoy fun and companionship while participating in a variety of activities, trips, and recreational programs designed for the young at heart.
MaineStay Youth & Family Services MaineStay
MaineStay Youth & Family Services helps promote the growth and stability of families in our community by providing a wide range of services for children and adults including family and couples counseling, parenting classes, and youth outreach programs.
CropWalk participants
Thank you to Park Ridge Community Church who had the most walkers among churches in this year's CropWalk and who was also the top fund-raiser collecting a total of $7,267.39. Other efforts included a restaurant benefit night, donating canned goods, collecting donations and/or sponsoring a walker. Tricia Williams and Debbie Deitke were their CropWalk recruiters. Maine Township's food pantry receives 25% of total funds collected to help hungry neighbors in our own community. CropWalk is the Maine Township Food Pantry's largest donor each year. The remaining 75% goes to support hunger and disaster relief programs administered by Church World Service.
News & Current Events
Dr. Andrea BarthwellParents Academy
Learn how to foster healthy habits in your children at our free workshop on March 19.

Power LinesElectric Aggregation
Learn more about Maine Township's Residential Electric Aggregation Program.

Board MeetingBoard Meeting
The next Maine Township board meeting will be March 24 at 7:30 PM.

MaineStay Mentoring ProgramMaineStay Newsletter
Sign up for our e-newsletter to stay informed about our events and services.

Maine Township