President Declares Cook County a Disaster Area
May 13, 2013 — Through the efforts of Maine Township Supervisor Carol A. Teschky and leaders from other communities, President Obama declared sections of Illinois, including Maine Township and Cook County a Disaster area for damages from our recent flooding.
FEMA has assigned Disaster Number DR-4116 to this event.
All residents and businesses will need to register with FEMA before a claim can be processed.
Call 1-800-621-3362 (TTY only 1-800-462-7585) or visit www.DisasterAssistance.gov
Smart phone users: m.fema.gov
What FEMA will need to know:
- Your Social Security number
- Current and pre-disaster address
- A telephone number where you can be contacted
- Insurance information
- Total household annual income
- A routing and account number from your bank (only necessary if you want to have disaster assistance funds transferred directly into your bank account)
- A description of your losses that were caused by the disaster