Maine Township Wins Five State Awards
Nov. 18, 2008 — Maine Township was recognized with five top awards at the Township Officials of Illinois (TOI) Conference held earlier this month in Springfield. The awards recognized outstanding programs as well as individual achievements.
The awards were:
- Highway Commissioner Robert Provenzano won as Elected Official of the Year through the (ITASCSC) Illinois Township Association of Senior Citizens Services Committee for his outstanding service to seniors and others.
- The Maine Township MaineStreamers Program won an Innovative Senior Program award through the (ITASCSC) Illinois Township Association of Senior Citizens Services Committee. This was based on the highly successful State Senior Spelling Bee.
- Michelle Biondo, a MaineStay employee, won the Youth Staff Worker Award through AITCOY (Association of Illinois Township Committee on Youth).
- Richard Lyon, a MaineStay employee, won the TOI Mighty Message Award for the Internet Web Sites Population 15,000+ Category.
- The township web site also won the "Overall Mighty Message Award." The Mighty Message awards are given in recognition of township efforts to effectively communicate current township issues to residents. In recent years, the Township also won similar awards for a video and resident guide.
Bryan Smith, TOI Executive Director, said, "Maine Township was honored with several awards at our state conference because of the dedication of its elected officials and staff to providing quality services and keeping their residents informed about what Maine Township is doing. Their hard work was recognized by their peers."
Smith added, "Maine Township officials should be very proud of everything they have accomplished."
You can view a photo gallery from the awards ceremony.
For more information on all Township programs, services and activities, browse the Township's official website here at www.mainetownship.com.