Tree Branch Pickup
The Highway Department provides free tree branch pickup service for residents of unincorporated Maine Township only. We ask your cooperation in following the guidelines below so we may continue to provide this extra service.
- The tree branch volume is limited to no more than a four-foot high by six-foot wide pile per house each month.
- Branches need to be at least three feet long for safety reasons.
- Cut ends must be faced toward the curb.
We Cannot Accept
- Branches under three feet long
- Any branches larger than four inches in diameter
- Logs, ornamental shrubs, grass or bush clippings, or any bushes or branches with roots
- Any branches containing construction debris, foreign material, or garbage
- Any branches cut by a landscaper or tree service
- Branch pickup is on the third Monday of each month starting in April and continuing through September.
- Do not put branches out after September.
- Our scheduled route takes three days to complete. Once a street is completed we will not be back until the following month.
- Branches must be put out at the curb by 7:00 AM on the third Monday of the month but not more than 48 hours before that time.
- Putting branches out more than 48 hours in advance may result in an ordinance violation and fine.