MaineStay Youth & Family Services
Parenting in the Millennium: Parenting Today's Youth
Monday, March 7, 2011 ~ 7:00 - 8:30 PM
Dr. Michael Feld, M.D. is a well-known child and adolescent psychiatrist from Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital in Hoffman Estates, IL. He also maintains a private practice in Northbrook, IL. Dr. Feld speaks nationally on child and adolescent issues and is an expert in the area of ADHD. He has presented more than 500 workshops across the U.S. on topics including parenting, ADHD, and psychiatric medication with children and adolescents. Known for his open and humorous style, Dr. Feld engages his audience in a dialogue about the mental health issues facing kids today. Dr. Feld consistently receives the highest ratings at conferences and workshops for his refreshing style and candor.
Some of the issues he will address during this presentation include parenting differences between boys and girls, the impact of technology on today's adolescent, parenting styles, communication, bullying, and drug and alcohol use. He will offer concrete suggestions on how to deal with these issues with our kids. The presentation will include time for audience questions.
- Tickets in advance are $3 for individuals and $5 for families.
- Tickets at the door are $7 for individuals and $8 for families (space permitting).
- Registration and payment must be received by 3/2/11 to qualify for advanced payment fee.
- Checks should be made payable to Maine Township.
- Some scholarships are available.
- The presention will be held at the Maine Township Town Hall, 1700 Ballard Road, Park Ridge.
- The doors will open at 6:30 PM.
- We cannot provide childcare at this event.